Mouth infections are unpleasant because they sometimes prevent you from eating or swallowing properly. If in some cases a consultation with the dentist is necessary, homeopathy helps you to temporarily relieve the pain. Dr Frédéric Rérolle gives you his recommendations to relieve an abscess, a cavity, or even prepare for surgery at the dentist.
Tooth and gum problems can occur throughout your life and are largely influenced by oral hygiene and diet.
- Regular brushing of teeth,twice a day with an electric brush preferably to better reach all sides and use of interdental brushes.
- Balanced diet without sugar and without nibbling.
In Indeed, this causes peaks of acidity in the mouth, favorable to the development of bacteria which will cause cavities and inflammation of the gums.
- Regular visits to the dentist and scaling once a year.
This prevention by good Hygiene is very important not only to maintain good dental condition, but also because cavities and gingivitis (inflammation of the gums) can have an impact on the whole body. In particular, studies have shown a risk of heart attack multiplied by 2 and a risk of stroke by 5, aggravation of diabetes, metabolic syndrome and intestinal dysbiosis (imbalance of the flora).
Caries or pulpitis and homeopathy
Pulpitis is inflammation of the dental pulp which is the richly vascularized and innervated connective tissue, located in the central cavity of the tooth.
It results from the evolution of untreated caries or trauma to the tooth.
Evolving inside the tooth, therefore in a closed cavity, pulpitis very quickly becomes very painful, because the inflammation causes an increase in volume by influx of blood.
Your dentist will make the diagnosis based on the clinical signs and the X-ray.
The treatment consists of elimination ion of decayed tissue and restoration of the decayed tooth. It is sometimes necessary to carry out a treatment of the dental canals or the extraction of the tooth.
While waiting for your appointment, you can be relieved by choosing among the remedies homeopathic remedies according to the one that best suits your suffering.
- Aconitum napellus 9CH: Your pain started suddenly following a cold snap or a fright. It is violent, unbearable, aggravated by the cold and you are restless and afraid of dying.
- Belladonna 9CH: The pain suddenly appears and disappears. It causes less restlessness than Aconitum, but you are more irritable.
You suffer less from having your head elevated, at rest, from cold water and pressure. The pain is aggravated by shaking and flat head when lying down.
- Bryonia 9CH: Your pain gradually sets in, with tearing, stinging, pulling sensations caused by anything hot, including food, smoking, contact, pressure (while eating). Worse from movement, external heat. Improvements by cold water and by lying on the sick side.
- Chamomilla 15CH: Pain makes you irritable and hypersensitive. Intermittent pains, nocturnal, in bed, caused by food. Digging, tearing, piercing, stinging, pulsating, gnawing, drawing pains. Aggravations by inhaling cold air, after coffee, lying down, in the heat of the bed, by anything hot, by chewing, pressure. Improvements by cold water.
- Kreosotum 9CH: Early tooth decay. Blackened teeth.
- Pyrogenium 7CH: You can try to abort the evolution of the abscess by taking this biotherapeutic 3 times a day for a few days.
- Coffea 9CH: If you are excited, brain overactive. You have an intolerance to pain which causes you great agitation, exasperates you. The pains are caused by external heat, anything hot, hot food, temporarily improved by keeping cold water in the mouth until it warms up. Tearing pains, neuralgic, sometimes pulsating.
Abscess at the beginning stage
Hepar sulfur 7CH: In case of abscess at a more advanced stage, with collected pus, take one granule every the hours by spacing out the catches according to the improvement, maximum 2 days. This will help you drain the abscess.
In case of surgery at the dentist
A dentist examining his patient – source: spm
Perform a bath of mouth 3 times a day with the following mixture: 5 drops of mother tincture of calendula and echinacea in 1/4 glass of lukewarm water, and leave to act for 1 minute.
This preventive oral disinfection will clean up the area before any surgical intervention, the consequences of which will thus be improved.