Natural body movements combined with realistic touch sensations heralds a new era for motion capture specialist Manus in hyper-realistic immersive VR team collaboration.
EINDHOVEN, THE NETHERLANDS, June 3, 2020 – Today, MANUS, the trusted industry provider of quality Prime Series wireless data gloves harnessed by global professionals for high-fidelity finger tracking in virtual reality, are excited to announce the release of Polygon, the suitless real-time full-body tracking solution and the advanced Prime II Haptic gloves. The full suite of next-generation products saw official launch at the first Augmented World Expo Online, in May.
With the introduction of next-gen products alongside company rebrand, Manus now provides users with a complete, robust and efficient VR system specifically designed for teams across the enterprise sector of automotive, manufacturing, engineering and life sciences, including creators of virtual experiences within media and entertainment.
Bart Loosman | CEO | Manus: “Our team at Manus have listened to those in the industries who require believable real world interactions inside their virtual world environments. We’re delighted to offer our customers a full service solution to expedite projects and team collaborations–whether its essential to speed up product prototyping, provide deeper immersion during engineer and medical training and simulation, or to entertain audiences with realistic motion for 3D virtual character animation and pre-visualisation. Manus has a robust and versatile solution to fit all needs.”
Matthias Pusch | VP Sales and Marketing | WorldViz: “The Prime One gloves have always delivered and we can’t wait to get our hands on the Prime II gloves for our WorldViz Vizard VR software user base. Manus is raising the standard for VR academic research and physiological measurements this year!”
Manus Polygon, the new software solution answers industry demand for an efficient, no suit required alternative that seamlessly delivers high-fidelity human motion data and whole bodies in VR for individuals or team collaboration. Using only 5 trackers with Polygon’s full-body IK solver (inverse kinematics), the portable and quick set-up system detects finest nuances in human motion to deliver continuous fluid movements transferred from participant directly to any 3D character style in real-time. Quality results are seen instantly with time-saving auto-filters to eliminate the need for post-production efforts.
The next-generation Prime II Series gloves has undergone a complete upgrade, designed to optimise the user experience faster and for longer. All gloves are highly intuitive by replacing controllers and buttons in VR, acute finger tracking means every minuscule movement is measured providing users with precise results. Manus now offers three editions to market.
Prime II: The base glove is the standalone data glove ideal for use in robotics, a VR glove to replace controllers, and as a motion capture glove.
Prime II Haptic: The newest edition provides cutting-edge haptic feedback technology, to ensure deeper sensory and tactility when interacting with objects and textures in VR.
Prime II Xsens: Seamless integration with Xsens MVN Animate to complete 3D character animations by adding natural hand and finger gestures.
Manus Polygon Highlights
- Eliminates need for motion capture suit
- Integrated full-body solving IK system: accurately tracks body movements via 6 data points
- Combine Polygon and Prime II Haptic to expand real-time sensations of natural touch and intuitive prop interactions
- Self-calibrate tool: Fast autonomous, quick 8-step 45 second calibration process. Auto-assigns data points to corresponding trackers, full-body avatar delivered within seconds.
- Supports individuals and multi-users during training and simulation sessions, and global VR team collaborations, supports any 3D character animation and virtual setting
- Accurately proportioned virtual human skeleton, motion retargeted and synchronised from actor to avatar in real-time
Manus Prime II Gloves Highlights
- Precise finger tracking, detailed finger spread and overstretch measurement: Flex sensors measure 2 joints per finger, 11DoF tracking of individual fingers by sensor fusion with IMU’s, drift prevented with new auto-filters, flex sensor reference points
- Interchangeable battery: 5 hours of uninterrupted motion capture, gloves instantly reconnect after swap
- Universal tracker mounting system
- Washable glove textile
- Quick accurate (multi-user) calibration: 45 second turnaround
Prominent customers already relying on Manus products are Lockheed Martin, Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT), General Motors, Volvo, Electronic Arts, and Facebook Reality Labs
Manus Polygon is available for purchase from 1st June, 2020 as a SaaS. The pack includes a Unity and Unreal plugin and allows all type of retargeting on any avatar style.
Prime II Series is set for release 1st July, 2020. Comes complete with one pair of Manus Prime II Gloves, USB-C cable x2, Manus dongle, batteries x2, charger and mounting adapters. Manus plugins for compatibility with Unity, Unreal Engine and MotionBuilder as standard. Please visit website for more information on software compatibility for each product offering. All online demos and tutorials available from June, 2020.
Polygon and Prime II Series gloves compatible with HMD’s: Oculus Rift S, Oculus Quest, Valve INDEX, Varjo, SteamVR, and HTC VIVE.
- Top 10 Best Old School Runescape Skills that Make Money
- Path of Exile Leveling Guide
- WoW Classic: How Complexity Limit Toppled Method by Defeating N’Zoth
- Top 10 Rarest Skins in Fortnite
- Video Game Cheating without bugs?
- Google Pixel 5 Design Has Been Leaked Online
- Samsung Will Likely Unveil Galaxy Note 20, Fold 2, and Z Flip 5G on August 5
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Launches8 months ago
Adorable Home Is a Decoration-Based Game
Launches6 months ago
HyperBeard Launches New ‘Adorable Home’ Game
News6 months ago
These Huawei Smartphones Will Get Android 10 Update in 2020
News5 months ago
Adorable Home reached 2 million downloads comes with 5 giveaways
Leaks6 months ago
Will iPhone SE2 be Exactly Like iPhone 8?
News6 months ago
ASUS ROG Zephyrus G14 Review
Leaks6 months ago
Rockstar Games Tester Reportedly Leaks Details Of GTA 6
News6 months ago
CES 2020: Dell XPS 13, XPS 13 Developer Edition Laptops Launched With Refreshed Design, 10th Gen Intel Core Processors